These vegan macaroons are refined sugar free and simple to make, as they are ‘no bake’. They are a scrummy summer treat and a light after dinner dessert.
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbs coconut flour
1 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs brown rice syrup
1 tbs coconut cream
1 tbs orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
* I use a dry cup measure for all my measuring (liquid and dry)
1) Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
2) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined.
3) Use a tablespoon measure, press mixture into it and then on a lined tray tap the tbs measure on to the tray and the macaroon should pop out in a nice dome shape. (You can use your hands to mould them if the tbs system doesn’t work for you).
4) Repeat the process making 10-12 macaroons.
5)Place in the fridge for ½ -1 hour until the macaroons are hard to touch.
They are best kept in the fridge, but will be fine out of the fridge for ½ -1 hour (less in the sun). After that they are happiest back in the fridge until all eaten.
* With berries
* Chocolate drizzled on top
* Sandwich two together with chocolate icing
* With lemon curd, I am working on a vegan curd recipe.