These are my easy delicious loaded sweet potato. They are a hearty meal and packed full of goodness. This meal is jammed pack with antioxidants, and very high in key nutrients and some protein. Sweet Potatoes are high FODMAP, I find I can have a small sweet potato, you could have pumpkin for a lower FODMAP option.
Even if your not feeding 6 people I like to make a big batch of this up and have leftovers in the fridge for the week. The quinoa veggie bean topping is delicious with lots of other meals as well. I particularly like it with soft boiled eggs and salad.
- 6 sweet potato
- ½ cup dried quinoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup grated carrot (around 3 carrots)
- ½ cup grated zucchini (around 1 zucchini)
- 1 ½ cup diced red pepper (1-2 peppers)
- 2 tin chopped tomato (800g tin)
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 6 cups of spinach
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the sweet potatoes and place in oven for 40-1 hour 20 minutes (depending on size), rotating half way through. They are done when you can place a skewer through the middle with little resistance.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a pot with 2 cups water and ½ tsp salt
- Leave to simmer with lid on for 10 minutes.
- While cooking grate and dice the vegetables and add them to the quinoa pot with the tinned tomatoes and 1 more cup of water.
- Leave to simmer with lid on for 20 more minutes, giving the mixture an occasional stir.
- Add the spices and mix in thoroughly, then add the black beans and leave to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Place the spinach in a pan with a few sprinkles of water and wilt.
- Serve placing the quinoa mixture on top of the sweet potato with the spinach and drizzle with olive oil.
* Add a mashed/chopped avocado
* On a bed of wilted kale
* With vegan/regular cheese