http://mybabytrees.com/?p=597 I have usually eaten half the mixture before I get to put these puffs in the fridge. Tahini and brown rice syrup make the very best flavour combination; they are meant for each other. The combination of these two flavours creates a nutty caramelly scrummyness that is just amazing. I have them together on pancakes, rice cakes and drizzled on top of cake… they just hit the spot.
follow url As a kid, chocolate krispies were a childhood staple and they were so simple that you learnt to make by yourself. But chocolate krispies are not just a kid thing, they are a delectable treat suitable for all ages. My chocolate tahini puffs are a upgraded chocolate krispy, with the added bonus of more nutrients from the tahini and hemp seeds. To top this off, the brown rice syrup means they are refined sugar free.
http://silverspoonthaiandsushi.com/tag/salad/ You can use gluten-free rice krispies in exactly the same way if you can’t find buckwheat puffs.
- 2 cups of buckwheat puffs (or gluten-free rice krispies)
- ½ cup shelled hemp seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs brown rice syrup
- 2 tbs tahini
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs cacoa powder
- * I use a dry cup measurer for all my measuring (liquid and dry)
- Place the brown rice syrup, tahini and oil in a pan, stir until simmering and all the ingredients have mixed in together. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cinnamon, buckwheat puffs and hemp seeds and mix until all the puffs are covered in the mixture.
- Add the cacao powder.
- Put around 2tbs in each cupcake case and press down with the back of a spoon to ensure the mixture will set together. Leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Makes 16 cup cake puffs.
* As they are as a snack or with chocolate icing (see link) on top and strawberries.
* Cut into small bite pieces and add to an ice cream sundae or on top of a smoothie bowl.
* Instead of having in cupcake cases put the mixture into a tin and cut it into bars.
* You could add ¼ cup of cacao nibs or dried fruit to the mixture before setting to give it more yummy textures.