Whenever I am bored I find myself making a no bake flapjack type bar. I like the ease of these sorts of foods. I get whatever things I have and just mix/mash together, then taste and then add more flavors and taste again until I have made what I am craving. Most of the mixture is gone before I get to forming them into bars or balls.
follow link These bars came out of my most recent 15 minute play time filler. So I thought I would share the recipe, they are a very easy and very satisfying treat. V
- 2 tbs amaranth
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- 2 prunes
- 2 tbs tahini
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2-3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs banana
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs cocoa
- ½ tsp maple syrup
russian dating site ads Method
- Place the amaranth into an already hot pot/pan that has a lid on high heat, and let the amaranth pop. If you have a clear lid you can see when they have finished popping, it takes a minute or so. Slightly swirl the pan as they pop to make sure the amaranth doesn’t burn. This should yield you ½ cup puffed amaranth.
- In a separate bowl blend the banana, prunes and tahini together.
- Now mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Now form into balls or press into a loaf tin and fridge. Cut the bars into your desired size after they have chilled for at least 30 minutes.
- If you make bars and fancy a topping then just add all the topping ingredients together and blend. Then spread on top of the bars. Keep refrigerated.
- Optional: Add some Cacao nibs on top or in the mixture.