pay cytotec I love aubergine, it is such a delicious vegetable and it can be used to make so many different meals. Babagnoush, the Middle Eastern aubergine dip is a really scrummy dish. I find the traditional method of cooking the aubergine on an open flame delicious, but messy and difficult to do. I prefer to just put the aubergine in the oven, it takes a little longer but it is not remotely labour intensive. When I have this dish it makes me feel like being in a warm summer evening, so it is a perfect side dish for a meal when you need that little something extra to make your evening special and relaxing.
- 2 large aubergine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Pinch salt
- * I use a dry cup measurer for all my measuring (liquid and dry)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the aubergine in the oven and leave for 50 minutes to an hour .Half way through, turn the aubergine.
- The aubergines are done when you can put a skewer through them with no resistance.
- Remove the aubergine and leave to cool for 10minutes in a colander.
- Peel the skin off the aubergine and let any juices drip away.
- Put the aubergine flesh in a food processor with the lemon juice, tahini and salt and blend for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.