go to site We have been living abroad in Hong Kong and now San Francisco for over two years. Whenever I am feeling homesick or in need of home comfort I crave a crumble. Growing up my mum use to make crumble a lot, especially if we had people around, as it was always a crowd pleaser. I have such fond memories of being surrounded by my family and friends and eating this delicious dessert.
http://sundekantiner.dk/bioret/294 When I could no longer eat gluten etc, mum use to make me my own little crumble with gluten-free flour and it became one of the first recipes I learnt to adapt. Apple crumble used to be my absolute favourite but apples are a high FODMAP so I can’t eat more than a few pieces. I have been searching for a different fruit for crumble and when I created my Rhubarb Compote recipe I thought how easy to prepare and well this would work in a crumble.
http://tennisclubpaimpol.fr/bisese/6065 So here is my Rhubarb Strawberry Crumble. The strawberries give sweetness to the tartness of the rhubarb and the flavours compliment each other. The crumble is not traditional flour, sugar, butter combination as I wanted to create an easy oil-free recipe that had a bit more crunch. This dessert is ideal for a dinner party.
- 1 portion of Rhubarb Compote (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups of strawberries cut into quarters
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 cups of quick cook oats
- 3 tbs brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup tinned coconut milk or non-dairy milk
- * I use a dry cup measurer for all my measuring (liquid and dry)
- Baking dish around 28 x 20 x 5 cm (11 x 8 x 2 in)
bekanntschaften klagenfurt Method
- Make the Rhubarb Compote, it takes 15 minute - http://cravinggoodness.com/rhubarb-compote/ Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350°F).
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and if they are large cut each quarter in half.
- In a baking dish pour all the warm compote and then add the strawberries and mix around so they are evenly spread.
- Make the crumble in a bowl, adding all the remaining ingredients and with your hands mix until it is well combined.
- Using your hands gently sprinkle/ place the crumble on top of the rhubarb/strawberry base until you have even coverage.
- Place the crumble in the middle of the oven for 20−25 minutes until it has just picked up some golden edges.
- Serve while it is warm, or whenever you like, as it is yummy hot, warm or cold.
watch Serving ideas:
* In the winter, serving it straight from the oven with a warm berry coulis.
* On a summer’s day, warm or cold with ice cream or coconut yoghurt.
* Add coconut flakes to the top of the crumble for the last 3 minutes it is in the oven.