http://colorbundles.com/workshops-events/ A bowl of this Paleo Porridge will leave you very satisfied. It is totally grain-free and dairy-free and the ingredients will set you up well for the day giving your body a boost of minerals and nutrients.
This porridge is a welcoming break for me from what can easily become oats every day. While oats are a good start to the day, it’s necessary for me to keep a balance as they are a medium FODMAP. Oats like other grains and nuts also contain phytic acid, and in one of my previous posts I talked about the issues of this acid.
Research on phytic acid in coconut flour has concluded it doesn’t reduce mineral absorption in the same way as other grains etc do. Therefore, for many reasons this Paloe Porridge makes a great alternative for breakfast.
- ¼ cup mashed banana (½ medium banana)
- 2½ tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 tbs desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or half water, half milk)
- * I use a dry cup measure for all my measuring (liquid and dry)
- Mash the banana and add the coconut flour and flaxseed. Mix until well combined. Stir in the remaining ingredients and put in a pot.
- Place on medium heat and boil for 3 minutes. If you find it too thick at this point you can add more liquid to your desired thickness.
- Serve hot, warm or cold, it is delicious every way.
* With ½ cup cut strawberries (stewed in pan with ½ tsp water for 3-4 minutes).
* With Paleo granola.
* With raspberries.
* Pour a little non-dairy milk over the top of the bowl of porridge.
See my Power Up Your Morning Breakfast post for more topping ideas.