Pancakes are my weakness, I can never resist pancakes when they are on the menu, but so often I have to, as they are gluten and dairy filled. These have been my most recent pancake obsession, without a doubt my favorite, that is if you can or choose to eat eggs.
It is such a simple recipe and so delicious and so healthy. The sweetness of the banana means you don’t need to add anything to them they are just so scrummy.
The full recipe is 236 kcal and provides you with some of all key nutrients. As % of recommended daily intake this recipe provides you with: 12% Fibre, 27% protein, 8% B1, 41% B12, 49% B2, 6% B3, 32%B5, 40% B6, 15% Folate, 23% Vitamin A, 13% Vitamin C, 38% Vitamin D, 5% Calcium, 11% Copper, 7% Iron, 13% Magnesium, 18% Manganese, 25% Phosphorus, 11% Potassium, 51% Selenium, 14% Zinc, 8% Omega 3. Add some super food toppings like berries, chia seeds, hemp seeds and you have a breakfast fit for kings.
- 1 banana – ½ cup when pureed
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Puree the banana and whisk in the egg and baking powder
- In a small non stick pan place a tab of coconut oil. Heat to medium-high heat.
- Add anything from 1 tbs – ¼ cup batter to the pan (don’t try more than ¼ cup they then become difficult to flip) – I tend to make some ¼ cup size and some small drop ones too.
- Flip the pancake when air bubbles form and burst.
- Then just 30 seconds on the other side and plate up.
- Makes 5-6 ¼ cup sized pancakes.
* With berries
* Seeds and lemon juice
* With Lemon Curd
* With yoghurt
* With cinnamon and coconut oil