Paleo no-bake cookies, yup these are gluten-free, vegan, paleo, refined-sugar-free and totally delicious. I love having a treat you can make without having to put the oven on. These cookies are super easy and quick to make, the only waiting time is while they are in the fridge.
The use of coconut flour and cocoa powder make these cookies rich in fibre, protein and in nutrients like calcium, iron and magnesium. They are also a good treat if you are watching your blood sugar levels as there is no refined sugar and the coconut flour helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- 2 tbs non-dairy milk
- 2 tbs brown rice syrup
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 3 tbs sweet cacoa nibs or regular cocoa nibs
- * I use a dry cup measure for all my measuring (liquid and dry)
- Put all the wet ingredients in a pot and put it on low heat for 30 seconds, stirring until well combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and coconut flour and mix on a low heat for 1 -2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave for 5 minutes until cool enough to touch.
- Spilt the dough into 5 balls, roll the balls in your hands and then press the balls down to flat discs.
- Press the cocoa nibs into the top of the cookies. Navitas have a sweet cocoa nib range which are great if you find the original cocoa nibs not sweet enough (they also sell great cacao powder).
- Place the cookies on baking paper line plate and place them in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. You can speed the process up with a shorter visit to the freezer.
- Best eaten 5-10 minutes after coming out of the fridge.
- Keep the ones you haven’t eaten in the fridge in a container so they don’t absorb fridge smells, they wont be very happy living out of the fridge.
* With a glass of non-dairy milk.
* With a scoop of non dairy ice cream sandwiched in the middle of two cookies.