Tahini is one of if not my favourite savory ingredient. I add it to most recipes, sweet and savory. It has such a scrummy flavor and it is packed full of goodness.
Hummus is one of my go to dishes when I need something quick and nourishing or when I want to jazz up a meal. The tahini and chickpeas give you a boost in protein nutrients like manganese and folate.
You can soak and cook your chickpeas but I used canned chickpeas for this dish as I love how quick and easy it is. Literally 3 minutes and its done ready to enjoy.
- 1 tin of chickpeas (look for low salt ones) = around 1 ¼ cups chickpeas
- 2 ice cubs
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbs tahini
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Wash and drain the chickpeas.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz until creamy and smooth.
- Store in a jar in the fridge or serve in a bowl with some olive oil drizzled over the top.
* With salads
* With chopped up raw vegetables
* With falafels
* With breads
* In savoury waffles