This Fennel Radish Orange Salad is so refreshing and the best side to any meal or a meal in itself. These ingredients are giving your body valuable nourishment, which is especially important this time of year with Christmas indulgents.
You will be giving your body some good TLC with this salad. Boosting your vitamin C, B6, folate, niacin, riboflavin, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and copper, fennel is also a valuable antioxidant and radishes have antibacterial properties.
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 10 radishes
- 1 orange
- Remove the stalks, root end and the outer layer (you can keep the outer layer for stocks and mineral broths). If there are any fronds on the fennel keep a few of these aside to sprinkle on top of the salad. Slice the fennel very finely, as fine as you can.
- Place the sliced fennel in a bowl with 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- Wash the radishes and remove the tips (ends and head). Slice each radish super finely. Place the slices in a bowl of cold water.
- Peel the orange and slice each segment in half lengthways.
- Drain the radishes and add to the fennel, add the oranges and mix.
- Plate up, sprinkle some of the fronds on top.