Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite ingredients, you can use the in sweet, savoury, mashed, baked, boiled, roasted, they are wonderfully versatile. This is one of my favorite ways to have sweet potatoes. It is really easy to make and packs a bit of a punch so much yummy flavour.
This dish alone is not a whole meal, it is a side dish. I love it especially with Injera, and my Lemon Coconut Aubergine. It is also yummy with salad.
- 3 sweet potatoes (2 cups full cubed)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch salt
- 3 tbs coconut cream
- 1 cup fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Preheat to oven to 400 degrees
- Place the whole sweet potatoes in oven until a skewer can be easily pushed through, around 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes depending on the size of the sweet potato. Alternatively you can steam the sweet potatoes.
- Peel the skin of the sweet potatoes and cut into large cubes.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl mix until well combined.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mix, the sweet potato will lightly mash in places.