This vegan, gluten-free breakfast will tick all your taste buds and be a ray of sunshine in the morning. It is packed full of goodness, every ingredient is highly nutritious.
This recipe has stemmed from my recent need to put tahini on everything. I am obsessed and getting through so many jars of it, at least one a week at the moment, I just love the flavor and texture and it works so well in savoury and sweet recipes. It is also a very nourishing spread high in protein, iron and calcium.
What I have for breakfast has such an impact on how I feel for the day not just a tummy feeling but a mental happiness and engagement that a good breakfast seems to stir in me. I hope you find happiness and yumminess in this breakfast.
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 tbs grated fresh or 1 tsp ground
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 3 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of berries
- *I use dry cup measurers for all my measurements
- Soak the quinoa overnight in 2 cups of water
- Rinse and drain the quinoa
- Place the quinoa in a pot with 1 ½ cups water and bring to boil.
- Leave boiling for 10 minutes with pot lid on
- Add the ginger and continue to cook for 5 more minutes with the lid off.
- By now most of the liquid will have gone, add the milk and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now stir in the tahini, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Your now ready to serve, add some berries on the top and enjoy.
* Drizzled with tahini on top.
* Sprinkle with nuts, seeds, coconut.
* Add other fruit or granola.
* Delicious hot, warm and cold