These are a delicious meal in themselves or a wonderful side dish along side fish or salad or a grain. They are vegan, gluten free, paleo and totally scrumptious.
Such a simple easy meal that looks really special and tastes completely divine. I’m not even sure what type of cuisine it would fall under, Indian, Thai, Mediterranean it feels an amalgamation of all. They are also great hot, warm, and cold so perfect for leftovers.
These are my current comfort food, on those days you feel like something yummy, filling and soothing.
- 1 aubergine
- 1-2 sweet potato
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2-3 tbs chopped mint
- 3 tbs coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes in a couple of places and place them whole in the oven. Cook until a skewer goes through them with no resistance. Around 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Slice the aubergine length ways into 1 cm thick slices.
- Brush with coconut oil and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then turn each slice over and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Once the sweet potato are baked, peel the skin and place the sweet potato in a bowl and use a fork to lightly mash.
- Take 2 tbs of the sweet potato mash, place it at the thin end of the aubergine slice and roll the slice up over the sweet potato.
- Place each roll on a plate and drizzle the coconut cream over the top and then sprinkle the mint.
* With; fish, salad, cooked grains.