This chocolate nemesis cake is paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free. It is also very easy and quick to make, the result is a moussey, fudgey, melt in your mouth, delicious chocolatey experience.
Chocolate is the way to my food heart. I appreciate it in all its varieties; one of my favourites is a nemesis mousse cake. Before we moved abroad and before I developed intolerances I was a big chocolate nemesis/mousse cake addict and I made many and eat many versions of this yumminess. I have used all this past research to try and recreate this delicious dessert but in a healthier allergy friendly way. This recipe only uses the best ingredients and therefore makes it a pretty nutritious cake and perfect for any occasion.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup +1 tbs non dairy milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- Variation a crisper crust to the cake:
- For the 1/3 oil- Use half coconut oil and half coconut butter
- Use 1 tbs less non dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Lightly grease tin (6 inch x 3 inch with removable bottom or spring form tin)
- In a pot mix the coconut oil, brown rice syrup and cacao powder, non dairy milk and heat until melted and mixed together. Leave to one side cool.
- Separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the yolk to the chocolate mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg whites slowly and mix/fold as you pour.
- Do not over mix just enough to have the mixture combined.
- Pour into tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- The cake is done when it is coming away from the sides of the tin.
* Can be kept in the fridge or at room temperature
* Serve with yoghurt on top and berries
* With strawberries
* With grated chocolate and chocolate chunks on top